Saturday, October 11, 2008

Unit 1 Photo Project


So I have my first photo assignment due and I have to submit 3 photos with three different instructions.

 Photograph #1 needs to use shutter speed to express a sense of motion or speed. I did this by using a fast shutter speed to "freeze" the action.
 

You will not believe how many shots it took to get this photo. 

Photograph #2 needs to use selective focus to make the subject stand out.  My subject should fill most of the frame but still have some of the background showing. I have a few options for this one and need some feedback on which you think is the best. 

I love the one of the rooster because you wouldn't know if I didn't tell you but he is standing in front of a garbage can. 



This is one of my best friends little boys isn't he so cute. 

Photograph #3  Creates a feeling of distance by using a great depth of field. Just the opposite of #2. Everything should be in focus from near to far. 




Please let me know what you think. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

For number 2, i think I like the rooster--the portrait is nice too, but there's quite a bit of distracting background if you are going for little background. For #3, I love the balloons. The bottom photo is beautiful as well, but I love the balloons.

Carrie said...

Love, love, love the pix. I like the rooster picture best too. I love the boy in a wheel barrow, but the rooster is just so different. And yes, I like the balloons too. It's not everyday you get to take a picture of that!

Okay, now this:

TAG! YOU'RE IT!

The rules: Link person who tagged you
Tell about 6 Quirks of yours
Tag 6 fellow bloggers to do the same
Leave comment to let them know

Lance and Kim said...

Although the boy in the wagon is the cutest child I have ever seen, I vote for the rooster too. it just fits the assignment better. I too like the balloons.