Saturday, November 1, 2008

Pumpkin Carving fun



The pumpkin creations that we made. The small pumpkin on the left actually grew in our garden. Dallin's pumpkin is the next on with the ghost face, Aaron and I have the big one with the stem as the nose. Shane's was the cat and Jared carved his own on the very right, I think it is just supposed to be scary. 

Aaron getting into the spirit of things. 

Squishy Gooey Fun


If you think about it, this is a really wasteful tradition. The only comfort that I have is that they will all go into the compost pile and be recycled into next years pumpkins. 

3 comments:

Megan said...

It doesn't have to be completely wasteful...you could toast the seeds and have a treat...if anyone eats them. But the pumpkins are very cute and its a fun family tradition to have.

~LisaLou~ said...

Cute pumpkins! The white ones are pretty. Are they real or painted? Glad you guys had a fun Halloween.
Love ya, Lisa

Christy said...

the white ones are real. Dallin had to have them when we saw them at the store. I saved some seeds and told him that we would plant some in the garden next year. He is super excited.