
Yesterday Shane, Liam and I went to visit a local Alpaca ranch. We spent 2 1/2 hours with these wonderful creatures and I feel in love. If only I had the money right now to buy a herd I would. They are sweet animals that have the softest fiber you have ever felt in your life. Its like a silky cashmere. John the owner was great and answered all my questions. He invited me and the boys back anytime and gave me permission to photograph his alpaca's anytime.
This is something I really want to do and I will. Eventually.
Our favorites were Carlos and Norman they were was so sweet and not shy at all. They were fascinated with my perfume and gum. Alpaca's love to smell new things. They were all so gentle with my boys. They loved to smell Liam and Liam loved to touch their soft fur. Shane made a great helper and helped one of the girls there to water the alpaca's and spray them with the hose which they love. He also helped her take hay to the horses they had there.
Stargazer Alpaca Ranch has over 80 Alpaca's at the moment with a few cria's (baby alpaca) due this fall. They have a web cam on their website that you can watch when a baby is born. Their website is www.alpaca.net. Mostly they have huacaya alpaca's (pronounced: wah-KI-ya), they also have a few suri alpaca's (pronounced: SOO-ree). I really love the suri alpaca's they look like they have dreadlocks.
I am learning so much and hope that someday I too will be able to have a herd of my own.
Someday.
Here is to dreaming and hoping and wishing.
~Christina
No comments:
Post a Comment